Kool-Aid is a kid’s staple. Not only is it fun to make and drink, but there are so many things you can do with it! Check out this list of 10 things to do with this cheap pantry staple.
1. Make play-dough and color your recipe with it. It smells fun and fruity and the color stays put!
2. Temporarily color your hair with it. This would be great for Halloween or your tween/teen who wants to add a bit of daring colored highlights to their tresses. Just Gather water, Kool-aid packs and conditioner. Put on disposable gloves. Start by adding 3-5 packs of kool-aid to a glass bowl. Add enough conditioner to make a paste. Add a small amount of water to make the paste slightly thinner. Apply to the head, making sure not to get any on the face, ears or neck. You may even want to cover your clothing with a plastic bag or wear an old t-shirt. Work the paste in until all section you want died are done. For highlights, just do small sections. Leave on overnight for a very deep color. Rinse out, but do not wash out. Will wash out with 1-2 washings.
3. Dye Easter eggs. Just add a packet to 1 cup of vinegar and leave each egg in for 1-2 minutes.
4. Clean your dishwasher! It has been said that a packet of lemon flavored Kool-Aid put in your dishwasher’s soap section and ran on a hot cycle can clear out rust deposits.
5. Mix Kool-Aid with 3 tablespoons petroleum jelly like Vaseline. Microwave and stick it in the fridge overnight. Beware though, it will dye your lips whatever color you choose, but it tastes delicious!
6. Winter is coming and that means snowmen! Put Kool-Aid in water with spray bottles. “Paint” the snow!
7. Make Kool-Aid watercolor pictures. Just add a small amount of water to Kool-Aid powder. Paint freely on thicker paper.
8. Add Kool-Aid to shaving cream for a fun bath time foam to paint with.
9. Make frosting! Just add a packet to vanilla frosting and you have a great flavored topping for your child’s next birthday cake.