It’s amazing what you can do with simple ingredients. Vinegar is a household product that most people have in their kitchens. Vinegar is cheap. It makes awesome salad dressing, but did you know vinegar is so versatile it can be used in so many more ways? Take a peek at my list for 10 ways you can use plain everyday white vinegar.
1. Have you ever forgotten a load of laundry in the washer and gotten that musty smell? Don’t re-start the whole cycle wasting time and laundry soap. Just put 1/4 of a cup in and run it on rinse. The smell will be gone in a flash!
2. Mix it with equal parts vinegar and water and you have an odor neutralizing all purpose cleaner. If you don’t like the smell of vinegar, try adding a citrus peel to the mix.
3. Clean your windows and mirrors with it. It is much cheaper than window cleaner and it will leave it streak fee just as well.
4. Clean that mess in your microwave with it. Just put a bowl of equal parts water and vinegar in the microwave and warm it up for 30 seconds. Let it sit for a minute and take a cloth and wipe clean. The vinegar will loosen all the stuck on grease and grime.
5. Soothe a bee sting or a mosquito bite with it. Just dampen a cotton ball and dab it on. (for more mosquito bite fixes, see this post)
6. Run a cycle of vinegar through your coffee pot. This will get rid of any built up hard water spots and refresh your coffee maker to like new condition. Don’t forget to run a cycle of water after or you may be in for a nasty cup of coffee!
7. Use it to tone your face. For most people a 1:1 ratio of water to vinegar will work. Adjust if you have more oily or dry skin.
8. Looking to make your locks shine? Rise your hair with vinegar (either plain white or apple cider) and you will see it improve!
9. Clean stuck on foods with it. Just fill the container with water and add 1/2 to 3/4 cup of vinegar and let soak over night.
10. Weeds got ya down in the garden? Spray undiluted vinegar on them.