Until recently, I had always wondered about Borax. I had seen it in the stores, humbly nestled in with the laundry supplies, but had no idea what it was used for. Then I found out you could make your own AMAZING laundry soap with it!
One of the reasons I was so hesitant to try it was I used to be so stuck in my ways. I was not willing to try anything that may deviate from them and I was afraid I would buy something that I had no use for.
If you don’t know what Borax is, it is a naturally occurring mineral from the earth. It happens when evaporation of seasonal lakes occurs. Borax is just another name for sodium tetraborate. If you are worried that 20 Mule Team Borax has extras in it, you needn’t. It has absolutely no added chemicals chlorine or phosphates added. Its as pure as what you would find on the ground. All they do is wash it, dry it and box it up!
Not only can you use 20 Mule Team Borax for making laundry soap, you can also just use it as a laundry booster for removing stains. It works by softening hard water and allowing deposits on your clothing to lift and keeps them from re-depositing on your clothing.
In addition to laundry, you can also use Borax to:
- Deodorize your garbage can. Just sprinkle some in the bottom!
- Soak Cloth diapers in a solution of warm water and 1 cup 20 Mule Team Borax
- Cat litter deodorizer. Sprinkle some in with your cat’s litter
- Clean rust stains with a paste of lemon juice and borax
- Keeps fleas and pests away. Sprinkle of carpet and vacuum
- Clean the toilet with it. Add 1/4 cup to the water and let sit for 30 minutes. Scrub it clean!
- Help baked on food come off easier with this soak: add two tablespoons to the water and it will come off easier after a bit of soak time.
I highly suggest you check out my Laundry Soap recipe and make some for yourself. You will be amazed at not only have clean it gets your clothing, but also how much money you will save! Check out the Store locator on where to buy 20 Mule Team Borax! It shouldn’t be too hard to find since it is sold in pretty much every store in my area.
Now, you can see the “magic” of 20 Mule Team Borax yourself because Saved By Grace is giving away 3 coupons for a free full sized box of Borax! Just enter on the Rafflecopter form below! This giveaway ends 01/23.
I was provided a box of 20 Mule Team Borax for the purposes of this review. All opinions expressed are my own.