I think it is extremely important to do random acts of kindness to not only make yourself feel great, but more importantly, to make others feel great and the world a better place to be.
What is a random act of kindness? A Random Act of Kindness is to do something that brightens another’s day, helps them with their struggles, makes them feel appreciated and makes them pause for a moment to realize the world is not such a bad place to be. A random act of kindness can be simple and cost nothing. The point is to do something others will not expect of perfect strangers. The point is to do it for someone that you don’t know, or at least don’t know very well.
Here are 25 Random Acts of Kindness to get you started:
1. Do a once over in your house and those of your friends to find scarves, gloves and hats in good condition that you don’t wear any more. Offer them to homeless people on the street one day.
2. Find the address of a teacher that made a difference in your life. Write him or her a letter telling them how much they meant to you.
3. Hold the door and smile at people for one whole day.
4. Find an obscure charity or go to a site like goFundMe.com or another crowdfunding site. You could also go to heronetwork.com. Find a cause that speaks to you and donate to it.
5. Go to a gym with cold water bottles. Hand them out to random people working out.
6. Hide a $5 bill in a popular book at the library.
7. Pay fopr coffee of the person behind you in a drive up stand. If coffee is not your thing, buy a treat for the person behind you in line at the supermarket.
8. Leave a great tip and a note telling your waitress/waiter you hope she/he has a good day and that he or she is doing an excellent job.
9. Call a call center for customer service for a cable company, phone company or electric company for no other reason but to thank the person who answers for doing the job and let them know you understand how hard it can be sometimes.
10. Drop some flowers off to a nursing home desk and leave a card saying it is for all the residents.
11. On a morning when there is frost, scrape it off of your neighbor’s car anonymously.
12. Tell someone who looks stressed out on the job that they are doing a good job.
13. Buy something from the vending machine and leave it in the basket where it drops for the next person.
14. Go to a thrift store and buy some large print books. Donate them to a nursing home.
15. Find out what is on the wish list for a charity or shelter. Buy a couple items and drop them off.
16. Call an elderly or lonely relative that you never talk to just to chat.
17. Buy a pizza and hand it out slice by slice to people walking down the street.
18. Leave a couple dollars in random places at the dollar store. Attach a note that says, “Buy something you want on me”
19. Tip someone who never gets tipped for their job.
20. Instead of complaining about annoyances in your neighborhood, fix some of them.
21. Go to a local artist’s show and make it a point to tell them how much you enjoyed the show after.
22. If you hear someone coughing in a market or store, offer them a cough drop and a tissue.
23. On a cold day, buy a homeless person a cup of coffee. On a hot day, hand out ice-cold bottles of water.
24. Do something at work or home that is usually someone else’s job to do.
25. Share posts like this one any way you can. Comment on random posts on blogs. Share on twitter, Facebook, pin it and G+ it. Bloggers can always use a boost in traffic. <3