This may seem like a funny post to stumble upon, but did you know that there is more than one way to keep your porcelain throne sparkling clean? I have tested out several ways to do this over the years and you would be amazed at how they work.
So get ready to see some wacky and useful ways to clean your toilet:
- Use cola. This one is as simple as pouring a can of soda in your bowl, letting it sit and swishing it around. The bubbles in the drink help get rid of hard water spots. I am not sure I like this way because it doesn’t make me feel like the bowl is clean.
- Borax is another way to clean a bowl. It has mild abrasive properties and when combined with lemon or another citrus juice, can not only leave your toilet sparkling, but also smell nice, too. Just flush the toilet once, sprinkle to sides of the bowl with borax and add a 1/4 cup lemon juice. Allow to sit for 10 minutes and scrub.
- Vinegar can be used in much the same way as the borax and lemon juice or your can use baking soda as your abrasive cleaner with it. Add a 1/2 cup of vinegar to the bowl and allow to sit for at least 20 minutes before scrubbing or flushing.
- Kool-aid. You can use the lemon Kool-aid to get your bowl clean as it works the same way lemon juice will. Just sprinkle in and scrub away!
- A Mr. Clean magic eraser has been said to clean a bowl pretty well by just tossing a small 2 inch section of it in the bowl and leaving it overnight. I tried this once, and it actually did work. I wish I could tell you how, but I have no idea. There are some things in life I just go with and don’t question.