I have close friends that eat gluten free and I thought it might be interesting to see how easy or rather hard it is to go gluten free so I can see their struggles. I made this gluten free tofu stir-fry to give it a whirl. Often, I see that Asian dishes lend themselves easily to a gluten free diet.
To make this gluten free dish, you will need:
-Gluten free soy sauce (try Kikkoman Gluten Free)
-Gluten free Teriyaki sauce (I used San-J brand)
-Firm or extra firm tofu, whatever you prefer
-Stir Fry noodles (I used Thai Kitchen brand)
1. Start by boiling the water for your noodles. When it is at a boil, remove from heat and put noodles in.
2. Cut tofu into cubes or strips.
3. Add a tiny bit of cooking oil to a wok or pan and brown tofu over medium heat. Add broccoli.
4. Add about 1/4 cup of soy sauce and 1/2 cup Teriyaki sauce. Add about 1/4 cup unpacked brown sugar. Simmer to reduce.
5. When noodles have been softened, add to the wok/pan. Over medium-high heat, move around to stir the mixture until well mixed. Add a bit of Teriyaki sauce if needed for taste.
6. Top with flax seeds if you like for extra texture!
Do you live Gluten free? Do you know someone who does? What is your best gluten free tip or something you wish others understood about a gluten free diet?