I have really been on a chai tea kick lately. This may seem silly because it is typically thought of as a warm weather drink, but the wonderful spicy aroma to me, is good year round. These Chai Tea Scones are no different. I realize these are not my typical diabetic friendly recipe, but they are oh-so-good and would be great for breakfasts, brunches and even for taking camping for some delicious home cooked goodness this summer! Make sure you check out my other chai tea recipes such as Chai Tea Concentrate and Chai Tea Smoothies for more spicy deliciousness!
Chai Tea Mini-Scones
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 9 Chai Tea Bags
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- In a small saucepan add heavy whipping cream and 8 chai tea bags and bring a boil. Reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take tea bags out of cream and set cream aside to cool.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Open 1 Chai Tea bag and add to flour mixture.
- Add cooled cream and stir until the mixture comes together.
- Knead the dough a few times.
- Pat the dough into a two flat rounds about one inch thick and cut dough with knife into wedges.
- Place wedges on a baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the tops are golden brown.
Looking for more Chai Tea Recipes? Check out these links!
What is your favorite kind of scone? I would love to know 🙂