Just because Cinco De Mayo was yesterday, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy delicious Latin style foods all month, heck, all year long!
I made a delicious quesadilla yesterday for my family to enjoy on the holiday. I want to share this with my readers and tell you about the wonderful products Goya has to help you make healthy and hearty Latin-infused meals!
To make Chicken Avocado Quesadillas, you will need:
- Goya Organic Low Sodium Black Beans (1 can)
- Goya Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 small tomatoes
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- 2 Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breasts, cooked and shredded
- Large Flour Tortillas
- 1 small tub of Low Fat Sour Cream
- 1 Can Enchilada Sauce
- Hot sauce
- Chilli Powder
- Cheese Slices
1. Start by peeling and slicing avocados. One trick to this is to cut the avocado all the way around length-wise. Then twist, gently.
When you have the fruit in halves, take a chef’s knife and stick it into the pit. Gently pull the pit out and slide it the knife off. Please be careful in this step!
2. Dice tomatoes.
3. Empty Goya Organic Low Sodium Black Beans into a strainer and rinse off.
4. To make the spicy sour cream, first add it to a bowl. Pour in about half a can of enchilada sauce. Mix.
Add a teaspoon of chilli powder and a couple drops of hot sauce. Mix again.
5. Heat skillet on medium-high. Add a splash of Goya Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
6. Spread a small amount of spicy sour cream onto one half of a tortilla.
7. Add a couple slices of avocado.
8. Top with shredded Chicken and a small handful of Goya Organic Low Sodium Black Beans. Add 2 cheese slices.
9. Fold over and gently place in skillet.
10. Flip after about 1 minute.
When cheese is melted, you are ready to enjoy! Top with more spicy sour cream and tomatoes!
Goya makes it so easy to make Latin-inspired meals! Hungry for more? Goya has released a new bilingual MyPlate Cookbook that features easy to follow, delicious meals anyone can make and your family is sure to enjoy! Make sure you check out Goya’s wonderful line of products from beans, to sauces and even frozen vegetables.
Follow Goya on Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook for more tasty recipes with Latin flare!
Want a head start on making this recipe or the other recipes in the new Goya bilingual MyPlate cookbook? Click here to enter to win a Goya prize pack!