I was getting tired of eating the same old thing around here so I decided to play around in the kitchen. I came up with this recipe the other night and wanted to share it with my readers.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
You will need:
* 1 box of non-long type pasta such as farfalle
* 1 container of Philadelphia Cream cheese’s “Cooking Cream” I used Italian herbs and cheese flavor
* 1 1/4 cups shredded swiss cheese
* 1 ham steak, around 1 lb in size, cooked and cubed
* 1 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
* Panko or bread crumbs
1. Start the water to boil for the noodles, combine the ham and chicken together in a bowl. set aside.
2. When noodles are cooked al dente (al dente means “to the tooth”. It is a french term that means the pasta is almost fully cooked) and drained, add the meat.
3. Add the cooking cream and a splash of milk to the pasta/meat. Combine gently as to not break up the pasta.
4. In a baking dish, (I used a glass cake pan), spray the inside with non-stick spray. Add the mixture.
5. Top with a layer of panko/breadcrumbs and cheese.
6. Cook in a 350 degree oven for 15 minuets or until cheese is melted on top and the mixture is sizzling. When cheese is melted, turn on broil and let it get brown and crispy. Watch it closely so it doesn’t burn!
SERVE and enjoy!
You might also think about adding a veggie. I think asparagus might go lovely next time with this!