I made this recipe last year but didn’t get a chance to put it up until now. With apple season upon us, and the fact that I live in the state that apples are known to come from, I thought since we will be doing our annual apple harvesting from the local pick-your-own orchards soon that now was the perfect time to share this delicious concoction with you. These are perfect for upcoming holiday parties and would be excellent for Halloween as a semi-healthy treat. If you love apples as much as I do, you will love making these Chocolate Covered Apple Bites with your kids.
Chocolate Covered Apple Bites
To make Chocolate Covered Apple Bites, you will need:
Green apples, about 4 or 5 for a large batch
Wilton chocolate candy melts
Wilton White Chocolate Candy Melts
A melon baller
Tray to set them on as well as a sheet of wax paper
Small candies to decorate with if desired
How to Make Chocolate Covered Apple Bites:
1. Start by making small balls of apples, with or without the peel. This can take some practice, but you will get the hang of it.
2. Melt your chocolate candy melts either in the microwave by cooking for 30 seconds and stirring until completely melted or over a double boiler.
3. Take your lollipop sticks and push them into your apple balls. Dip them into the chocolate and place on a cookie sheet/tray lined with wax paper or parchment paper to dry.
4. Melt your white chocolate candy melts the same way you melted the chocolate ones. Drizzle over the top and add any candies you want to decorate with if desired. I didn’t do it with this batch, but I have done it with subsequent ones.
5. These should be refrigerated if they won’t be eaten right away and for best quality, they should not be made more than 24 hours in advance.
More Fun Recipes Using Apples: