As I am always on the hunt to make my beauty and health routine more natural and I have a great love affair with Dr. Bronner’s soap, looking for more ways to use it around my home is always a priority. When I came across the idea to make homemade shampoo online, I wondered if I could just make it into a body wash instead. I don’t really use shampoo as I just wash my hair (or dreadlocks, rather) with straight Dr. Bronner’s. The reason for this is to avoid any buildup as it is hard to remove from dreadlocks should it become a problem. This coconut almond body wash is another thing I added to my shower routine and with the cold winter air setting in, it was the perfect thing to keep my skin soft. It’s so easy, only contains 4 ingredients and really can be made in any scent, depending on the essential oil you choose. You can also use any scent of Dr. Bronner’s, but I would stay away from citrus or peppermint as it can irritate delicate parts. Enjoy this recipe for coconut almond DIY body wash.
Coconut Almond DIY Body Wash
- ½ Cup of Coconut Milk (full fat kind)
- ½ Cup Almond Dr Bronner's
- 10 Drops of Almond Essential Oil
- 5 Tbsp Vegetable Glycerine
- Add the coconut milk to a bowl and pour in the Dr Bronner's soap.
- Add in your glycerine and essential oils and mix well.
- Pour into a container with a lid and enjoy!
- This can be stored for a couple of months in a covered bottle.
- It will be more watery than body wash you are used to and is highly concentrated. Use sparingly. It lathers up very nicely.
- This recipe makes a small bottle. Feel free to double or triple it for yourself or to make several for gifts.
- Since this is made with vegetable glycerine, it is also vegan!