I am a lover of sauces. When I went to culinary arts school, this was by far my favorite class. It was kind of a surprise that I loved it so much, actually. I was not looking forward to it thinking it would be boring. I really wanted to take baking, actually. Needless to say, my desires did not dictate my talents. I failed baking, miserably I might add, not once, but 3 times. This was a huge shock for me since all the women in my family are amazing at it. I just didn’t get that gene, I suppose.
I did find my hidden talent in sauce and soups production, though. I love making both of them and have been told I should even consider bottling some of my concoctions. This cauliflower sauce came after I discovered how low carb cauliflower is and how it can be used for a variety of things from pizza dough to thickening sauce. I made it curry becaus ethat is another weakness of mine, but you could easily adapt it for anothe rtast that suits your dish more. Enjoy!
Creamy Curried Cauliflower Sauce
- 2 Bags Frozen Cauliflower
- ½ Cup Curry Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1½ Tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Sour Cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 Cup Milk
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded or grated
- 1 Tbsp Concentrated Vegetable Stock, Paste form, gluten free or your own
- 1 Pinch White Pepper
- Start by steaming the frozen cauliflower. You will want it almost mushy.
- pour the milk into a heavy bottomed pot and heat over medium. Add in the sour cream.
- When the cauliflower is cooked, add it into the milk mixture. Bring the mixture up to a simmer. Stir regularly.
- Add in the cheese and salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Slowly whisk in the curry. It chunks up pretty easily so make sure to whisk well.
- Add this mixture to a food processor or a high powered blender and pulse until mostly smooth. You can also use an immersion blender as well.
- Serve over rice, chicken, beef, whatever tickles your fancy!