A couple of popular brands have recently come out with some charcoal facial skin care products. This is because charcoal has long been used to clean anything from teeth to skin for a long time. I wouldn’t be surprised if the best face mask to treat acne had charcoal as one of it’s star ingredients. This is no new thing. In fact it’s probably more of a turn of the century thing or even older. The reason being is, charcoal has a way of taking out impurities and helping to clear blackheads and oily skin.
Now, you could go spend money on one of these new facial care products, or you could simply make it yourself. I like to make things myself because in a lot of products on the shelves there are chemicals and things I don’t recognize and the idea of putting something like that to deep clean my pores on my face just gives me the shivers. I looked at one of the leading brand’s ingredients for their charcoal facial scrub and it had 25 ingredients and the only one I recognized was water. I put together an easy recipe that includes a natural toner, scrubber and blackhead/grease fighter!
Here is a simple 5 ingredient version of foaming charcoal face scrub to make at home. To find the supplies, scroll to just under the recipe. These are affiliate links, so I get a kickback if you purchase, but they are the same price as you would normally get. Thanks for helping me keep the lights on here!
DIY Foaming Charcoal Face Scrub
- ½ Cup Rose Water
- 5 Activated Charcoal Capsules
- 1 cup Water
- 4 Tbsp Unscented Liquid Dr. Bronner's
- 10 Drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- Old Foaming Soap dispenser
- Clean out your soap dispenser well to remove any residue.
- Add the rose water to the dispenser and then the Dr. Bronner;s.Gently mix it together.
- Carefully open the charcoal capsules and dump them into the mix. Take a swizzle stick or something small and gently mix in.
- Add 10 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Slowly add water to full until almost full. Add your pump on and give it a squirt.
Supplies needed to make DIY Foaming Charcoal Face Scrub:
Rose water (works as a toner)
Activated Charcoal Capsules (blackhead/pore refiner)
Unscented Dr. Bronner’s (foaming agent and cleanser)
The amounts of the items purchased here will make many bottles of this so this is a great deal.
More Uses for Dr. Bronners’: