With all the chemicals found in today’s cleaners, you would think the harsher they are, the better they can tackle the tough jobs you have, right? I used to think this way until I found a way to make many of my cleaning jobs much easier with vinegar.
I use vinegar for many things around my home for cleaning and even beauty.
To tackle tough jobs like soap scum, mold, dried on and baked on food on the stove top and counters and grime, I use this concoction made of two simple ingredients. I find that it is an absolute miracle, especially on dried on food. Just spay it on well, wait a few minutes and things literally wipe off with no elbow grease required.
# DIY Miracle Deep Cleaning Spray
To make you only need:
- A spray bottle (I got mine at the dollar store)
- 1 Cup of White Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Dish Soap (brand does not matter, whatever you like, but the thicker the better, so I don’t recommend cheap stuff)
1. Heat the vinegar in the microwave for about 1 minute in a microwave safe bowl. Make sure to use a pot holder when removing as it gets hot pretty quickly.
2. Pour it into a bowl or measuring cup with 1/2 cup of dish detergent and mix well.
3. Add to a spray bottle using a funnel or spout. Make sure to label it so you know what is in there.
You don’t need to heat it every time to use it. The heating process was just so the soap and vinegar would mix well. Feel free to give it a gentle shake if it separates before use. Just spray it on hard to clean areas and allow to sit for about a minute. For soap scum, allow to sit about 5 minutes.
Use a sponge or cloth to wipe up. You should hardly need to use any “elbow grease” as the spray will loosen things up pretty nicely.
You can make larger quantities of this if you need to, just double or triple the recipe.
Do you plan on making this? What tough cleaning chores do you plan on using it on?