Derrick is sharing a recipe for Gluten Free Chicken Lo-Mein Stir Fry that is sure to please anyone who tries it. This version makes a few substitutions to make it gluten free, but you could swap it with gluten items and get the same great taste if you prefer.
This version of Lo Mein is breaking a few rules, but it is all in the name of deliciousness. We’re using gluten-free spaghetti instead of rice noodles, is that okay? Of course, it is! The rest of the cast is standard issue. We got chicken, onions, bell peppers, carrots and broccoli. I can’t think of any reason not to smile with a big bowl of our Chicken Lo Mein Stir Fry staring you in the face. Get the recipe below.
Gluten Free Chicken Lo-Mein Stir fry
- 1 pound chicken strips, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 pound gluten-free spaghetti
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup mixed bell peppers
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup young broccoli
- 3 tablespoons of light olive oil
- 1 – 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 – 4 tablespoons of low-sodium gluten free soy sauce or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 – 4 eggs
How to Make Gluten Free Chicken Lo-Mein
1. Prep. In a skillet over med-high heat add olive oil. Cut chicken into small pieces and season with salt and pepper. When oil is hot add chicken, brown and cook. When chicken is finished, check for doneness, and set aside.
2. Fill a large stock pot with water and bring to a boil, add a tablespoon of salt and add gluten-free spaghetti. Cook the pasta following the cooking directions on the package. When pasta is al dente drain using a colander. Return spaghetti to pot and drizzle with one tablespoon olive oil and one tablespoon of sesame oil, toss well and set aside.
3. Using a wok over med-high heat add sesame oil saute vegetables in batches: adding oil as needed
- Onions saute for 3 minutes
- Pepper saute for 3 minutes
- Broccoili saute for 4 minutes
- Carrots saute for 4 minutes