I was so excited to be included in the Gorton’s Seafood Challenge and be sent some awesome coupons to test them out in my own kitchen! What is the Gorton’s Seafood Challenge? It is a challenge set out by the Gorton’s Seafood crew to see what YOU can make with one of their 20 products under 200 calories! What do you win? One person will be lucky enough to win a year’s supply of Gortons!
What did I do for the Challenge? I made delicious and tangy fish tacos!
I wanted to share my recipe here so you can see for yourself how tasty and easy low calorie meals can truly be!
To make Tangy Fish Tacos, you will need:
- 2 Packages Gorton’s Cajun Grilled Alaska Pollock Fillets
- A 1/2 a head of Cabbage
- 1 jar of low fat coleslaw dressing
- 1 tablespoon dried Chipotle powder
- 2 Limes
- 1 Pinch white pepper
- Flour tortillas, fajita size
1) To start, place your Gorton’s Cajun Grilled Alaska Pollock Filets in the pre-heated oven.
2) While your filets cook, wash cabbage and chop against the grain as you would for coleslaw. Set aside.
3) Slice one of the limes into wedges. These will be great as a side seasoning when the tacos are done. Slice the other in half.
4) Pour coleslaw dressing into a small bowl or container. Add the juice from one lime.
5) Add your chipotle powder. With a whisk, mix well.
6) Add your pinch of white pepper. Whisk together.
7) Dice your tomatoes.
8) Warm your tortillas on a non-stick skillet. Place them on a plate.
9) Pull your Gorton’s Cajun Grilled Alaska Pollock fillets out of the oven. With a spatula, break them up into chunks.
10) Add your Gorton’s Cajun Grilled Alaska Pollock fillet chunks to the Tortilla. Top with cabbage and tomatoes and add your tangy sauce on top! Enjoy! You could also add onions, cilantro and cheese if you like.
Are you excited to try this challenge for yourself? Head on over to the Gorton’s Facebook page and check out the weekly challenges! You can enter to win a year’s supply of Gorton’s by clicking in the “Enter to win!” tab. Have you seen the new Gorton’s Website? I love pinterest and I am happy Gorton’s has a great Pinterest page to check out awesome news and recipes. If you prefer to tweet your seafood favorite, make sure you follow them on twitter. By the way, the Gorton’s Cajun Grilled Alaska Pollocks only have 90 calories each fillet! So delicious and flavorful for so few calories!
Want to “catch” more fun from Gorton’s? Enter to win some awesome prizes, right here on Saved By Grace! One lucky reader will win 5 full value coupons for Gorton’s products, 2 Gorton’s oven mitts, a Gorton’s Spatula and a Gorton’s Apron!
Just enter to win below! Runs from 3/27- 4/2! It is open to US RESIDENTS only!