I remember the first time I heard of the #Labels4Edu (Labels for Education) program as a child. I was in elementary school and my class was told about collecting Campbell’s Labels for Education from their soup cans so we could get money for our school. It was so exciting to feel like I was helping my school and it sure helped to rev me up for it when there were in class and in school contests for who could bring in the most labels. I remember one of the prizes was a class-wide pizza party and I was so happy to hear our class beat out the whole school one year and took the “crown” for that!
The Labels for Education program is so easy to take part in now. For one, no more saving entire soup can labels, you can just clip the little part of the label and send them in with you kiddo to their school. You can also watch the points add up for your school and see what they are hoping to get with their points online.
I went to Safeway to get some Campbell’s Soup and check out the new system as I hadn’t taken part in the Labels for Education program since I was a kid. (One a side note, don’t you just love the way Campbell’s soup is displayed on shelves now? I wish I had one of these in my house!)
Another new thing that wasn’t around when I was a child is the fact that it’s not just for canned Campbell’s Soup anymore! You can find Labels for Education point on over 2,500 products now! These include snacks, cereal and even salsa! It is so easy to get points on everyday products we all have in our pantries! And to make the deal even better, you can also get coupons for the products, too!
This year, you can also help get 1,000 schools $1,000! If you would like your child’s school to get this prize, make sure you check out information for the Grand Stand for Schools giveaway.
These wonderful products inspire me to make one of my favorite go-to meals for my family on busy school nights. I made Hamburger Casserole with Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom soup. I hope you make it and start saving Labels for Education for your child’s school! It’s too easy to get involved!
Campbell’s Soup Hamburger Casserole with #Labels4Edu & #cbias
- 1 Pound of Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 2 Cans of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Bag of Frozen Green Beans
- 1 Bag of Tater Tots
- 2½ Cups of Cheese, Shredded
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Brown your ground meat over medium heat. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on top.
- In a bowl, add your Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup. Do not dilute it. Add in your ground meat and frozen green beans. Sprinkle on a dash of onion powder and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Spray a glass baking dish (I use an 8 x 11 cake pan) and place an even layer of the mix on the bottom of the pan.
- Top with tater tots and sprinkle cheese on top. Cover with a piece of foil and bake for 45-50 minutes.
For a list of products that have points for Labels for Education, check out this list. Thank you to #CollectiveBias for the opportunity to talk about the Labels for Education program.