In this time of rushing around the holidays, it is still important to slow down once in a while and have fun with your spouse.
I have put together some fun date ideas that are low cost and some are even free!
1. If you have Netflix, watch an entire season of a favorite tv show. Make popcorn and get some snacks and do your own marathon!
2. Go for a wintery walk to a local cafe and get some hot cocoa. Take pictures of the beautiful scenery.
3. If you have a local brewery or winery, go to a tasting night.
4. Go see a local High School Basketball game.
5. Make a new meal you have never tried together.
6. Pretend to be a tourist in your own town. Do all the free tourist things. We have a carousel here and its cheap to ride. Super fun for adults!
7. Have a fondue night with chocolate or cheese. Feed each other blind-folded
8. It’s winter! Who says sledding is just for kids?
9. Since I recently started couponing, we do coupon date nights. We look for coupons to local restaurants and attractions and use them to do a cheap night of fun. We don’t do anything we don’t have a coupon for!
10. Do indoor ‘smores. Cook over a gas stove or a candle. Read scary stories or watch a scary movie.
11. Do a craft together.
12. Make a scrapbook page of your wedding, first date or another time together. Vow to work on one page a month.
13. Pet the cats and play with the dogs at a local animal shelter.
14. Shut the phones off, and the internet off and make it a snuggle day. This can be so refreshing in our busy times ahead.
15. Organize a section of your home together. It can be fun if you turn up the music and work together. Reward your hard work with a favorite meal out.