Are you looking for a delicious and easy treat for the kiddos this Halloween? Cakes, Cookies and cupcakes, oh my! It’s easy to eat far too many sweet treats during Halloween. After all, its a holiday that practically celebrates candy. Your little ghosts and goblins can enjoy a fun and spooky twist on the holiday sugar rush with these fun healthy Halloween treats. I am lucky to have what I have always referred to as a “banana monster” in my house so these were a big hit with her when she was younger. These treats are also very low cost as you can make the ghosts for less than $5.
For the Ghosts, if you plan on making them for a school party or another function away from home, just bring the ingredients and unpeeled bananas since they will tend to go bad and get brown pretty quickly as soon as they are made.
Healthy Halloween Treats: Orange Pumpkins and Banana Ghosts
- 5-6 Mandarin Oranges
- Celery sticks
- Peel apart the Mandarin Oranges and lay on a plate of your choice.
- Cut apart the celery sticks to small pieces about 1 inch long.
- Stick the celery stick piece into the center of the mandarin orange.
- These make a fun centerpiece for when Halloween comes around. Make sure to be careful in giving these to younger kids as the celery sticks can be a choking hazard.
1/4 Cup of milk chocolate chips or another chip you prefer
- Cut the bananas in half (after they are peeled).
- Insert each chocolate chip where desired onto the banana.
- Eat pretty quickly after you make this as it will get slippery!
This recipe makes 8- 10 ghosts.
These treats are a nontraditional HEALTHY way to enjoy a Halloween treat.Make sure you check out my post on healthy Halloween snack ideas as well for more spooky fun!
What are some ways you try to balance all the sweets this time of year?