I love chocolate. However, many delicious and almost sinful chocolate foods usually are way over the top in sugar content and make my blood sugar sky rocket. The biggest issue with many diabetic desserts is they are dry and kind of bland. I am not much of a baker and this Heavenly Chocolate Banana Bread might not be 100% sugar free, it is lower in sugar content and is ultra moist, so you won’t even be able to tell it has barely in it.
I was really proud of this recipe as I am not much of a baker and most things I make turn out pretty darn terrible. This is a masterpiece, though!
To Make Heavenly Chocolate Banana Bread, you will need:
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Splenda
- 3 tsp Vanilla extract
- 5 VERY ripe bananas
- 1/4 Cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup melted semi-sweet chocolate chips
- A small handful of milk chocolate chips
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetedned cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking powder
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 Degrees F. Spray a loaf or brownie pan with non-stick spray. Set aside. Mash the bananas well with a hand masher for potatoes. They should almost be soupy.
2. Mix flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder together in a bowl. Make sure they are well mixed.
3. Stick the dark chocolate chips in the microwave and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring along the way until just melted. Don’t over-do this step. You don’t want to scorch them!
4. In a separate bowl, mix the vanilla, egg, melted chocolate, butter, milk, splenda, and brown sugar.
5. In an alternating pattern, add some bananas, then dry ingredients and then bananas and so on. Make sure the mixture is well mixed and no dry ingredients remain. It should be a thick brownie batter consistency.
6. Pour into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Take a handful of milk chocolate chips and sprinkle on top. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool before cutting.