I made some green tea body butter and I had a lot of leftover matcha powder so I decided I wanted to try to make something else with it. I had heard of the skin benefits of green tea (which is what matcha powder is, in powder form) and thought a facial might be something I could take on.
What are the benefiits of green tea for your skin? According to what I found online, it can help with sun damage in the form of fine lines as well as directly provide your skin with antioxidents. It is very soothing on your face and when combined with the ingredients in this mask, it is a real treat.
Honey has been known to be good for your skin due to it’s antimicrobial properties. If you are suffering from mild to moderate acne, it can help clear your skin by killing the baceria that is causing breakouts as well as helping to open your pores to clarify them. The addition of apple cider vinegar will help tone your skin after your pores are cleansed well and coconut oil adds extra moisture. If you prefer, you can use this as a facial cleaner rather than a mask.
You can purchase matcha powder at health food stores or online.
Honey Matcha Facial
- 1 Tbsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 5 Drops Vitamin E Oil
- ½ Tsp apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ Tsp Coconut Oil
- Melt coconut oil for 10 seconds in the microwave.
- Mix coconut oil, vinegar and matcha powder together.
- add vitamin e oil and honey and make a paste. Add water, a few drops at a time until it is the consistency you want.
- Apply to your face, avoiding your eyes, and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Wash off with warm water.