Cold and flu season is in full force now and if you are anything like me, you are sick of pills, pills and more pills to start feeling better. You are looking for a natural kind of relief from your sinus congestion. You are hoping for a sinus infection home remedy that will work well and fast. I heard that tea tree essential oil could possibly clear up sinus issues and I have seen shower bombs made for congestion. My only issue was, sometimes you don’t have time to take a shower several times a day when you are sick to get relief. So, I came up with these mini sinus bombs to use in the sink. I hope you find relief with these as they are super easy to make and use.
*please understand that I am not a physician or professional and as such, I cannot give medical advise. This post is for informational purposes only and is not meant to treat, cure or diagnose any disease or condition. Check with your doctor before use.
Natural Congestion Relief- Sinus Bombs
- 1 lb of Baking Soda
- Spray bottle filled with Water
- 10 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 20 Drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Pour your Baking soda into a bowl. Spray the baking soda with water, just enough to make it start to stick together.
- Mix it up and see how well it forms in your hand. It should feel like damp sand.
- If it is not moist enough, spray water again until it easily sticks together but does not feel wet, only damp and moist. Add in your essential oil and mix again.
- Place in molds. I used silicon ones because I found that they come out easier. I used candy molds as they are the perfect size for these mini sinus bombs.
- Leave in the molds overnight and pop them out. Store in an airtight container that keeps moisture out.
Fill your sink with very hot water. Close the door to your bathroom as this is the ideal place to do it.
Pop one bomb into the water and place a towel around your head to create a barrier for the steam. Inhale the steam for relief from sinus congestion.
Do this as often as needed.