I made these last year and they were a huge hit at Christmas! They were actually requested for months by a former co-worker of my husband’s. I told him they were special and that I only make them at Christmas.
These Oreo truffles are so simple, you could make this last minute and be the hit of the party! And the best part is, they are no bake and require no special skills. Need some more convincing? They only use three simple ingredients!
Let’s get started!
To make Oreo Truffles, you will need:
– A box of Oreos or other chocolate sandwich cookies
-2 8 oz bars of cream cheese, softened
-White Almond bark or candy coating
To make Oreo Truffles:
1. Start by putting all the Oreos into a gallon size plastic bag. Using a rolling pin, crush them until they are annihilated 😉
2. . In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and crushed Oreo cookies together. Using your hands, form them into bite sized balls and set on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper. Place in the fridge for about 20 minutes to a half hour.
3. Melt about 1/4 of the brick of Almond bark in the microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth and creamy.
4. Using a fork or toothpick, dip the balls into the white candy coating/Almond bark. Allow excess to drip off and place back on the wax paper. Refrigerate until hardened.
There are several variations you can do with this. Some suggestions are:
*Add an extract like mint to the almond bark. This will add an extra element of flavor
*Use those golden Oreos and cover them in the regular chocolate coating.
*Add green food coloring to the cream cheese mixture for St. Patty’s day
*Add red food coloring to the cream cheese mixture and green food coloring to the white almond bark for a festive look
*The sky is the limit with these bad boys!