With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I thought it was fitting to make this delicious smelling (and technically edible!) pumpkin concoction. I have made a couple of body scrubs in years past, such as my chocolate mint one or my very popular Vanilla Citrus body scrub, but this one is my personal favorite by far. And it’s not because I love pumpkin goodies, either. I actually don’t. I just love the way it smells so warm and sweet that it’s amazing to rub on your skin and leave it smooth and soft. This makes a great gift for anyone pumpkin-obsessed, though and it only takes a few ingredients that most people have right in their kitchens. I hope you enjoy my pumpkin pie body scrub!
Pumpkin Pie Body Scrub
- 3 Cups Brown Sugar (light)
- ¾ Cup Coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Heaping Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Melt the coconut oil for 30 second intervals in the microwave.
- Add the sugar to a bowl and pour over the melted coconut oil. Mix it in well, adjusting by adding more sugar if needed. You want the consistency to be like wet sand, not like mud. Add in your pumpkin puree and mix some more.
- Add in your vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice. Mix it in well. You can add more of each of these to your preference of how strong you want the scent to be.
- Store in an airtight container.
This recipe will make approximately 3-4 gifts in small jars. You can tie them off with a pretty bow to add a nice touch. To use this pumpkin pie body scrub, just take a little in your hand and exfoliate with it. Rinse off to find your skin smoother than ever and probably a little sweet smelling, too!