Where I am from in Montana, ranch dressing rules. People put it on everything, but french fries is #1. When I moved to Washington, people looked at me sideways if I asked for ranch for my fries. I guess some people like it here, but for the most part, people put tartar sauce on their fries. I thought it was strange, until I tried it and it actually tastes pretty good.
While these are not a french fry recipe, this is a great recipe to make pretzels taste amazing! Although this is not really a diabetic-friendly recipe, keep in mind that each pretzel in this recipe is 1-2 carbs (depending on the brand of pretzel you use).
You can make this for game days, birthday parties and anywhere in between. They take just minutes and taste wonderful. No dip needed at all! What is also great about this recipe is, it’s super low cost to make.
- 1 regular size bag of pretzels
- 1 packet of Ranch dressing mix (the dry kind in the pouch)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pour your pretzels into a large ziplock bag. You may need to split the recipe in order to do this as there needs to be room in the bag to shake.
- Pour the ranch dressing dip and garlic powder in the bag. Add the Olive oil and shake.
- You can serve right away, or if you prefer, wait overnight by leaving the mixture in the bags and giving a shake a couple times over the course of the day. This will allow the flavors and oil to penetrate more and leave it with a more intense flavor.
If you like your snacks a little spicy, try adding a little bit of cayenne pepper and chilli powder to the mix as well. Adjust for taste. Enjoy!