I was sent food from Chicken Soup for the Soul and Zaycon Fresh in order to facilitate this story and recipe.
I don’t know about you, but I grew up reading the Chicken Soup for the Soul books. I remember one title in particular that was extra special to me and that was Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul. I was given it when I had a particularly hard time in my teenage years and I read it from cover to cover many times, and wrote in the Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Journal as well. I loved the stories because they just made your heart glow and they opened up opportunities to have conversations about things that really matter.
I was happy to find out that one of my favorite brands of fresh foods, Zaycon Fresh, is teaming up with Chicken Soup for the Soul to bring easy to prepare foods like BBQ sauces, Meal Builders and Broths to make it quick to the dinner table so you can start these heart-felt conversations in your own family.
I was sent the Sesame Ginger Meal Builder and I made these easy to do Asian Chicken Sesame Ginger Kabobs that will be perfect for a summer night when I am in a hurry and want to serve something quick and delicious for my family without the hassle. As and added bonus for me, and since packaging waste is such a huge concern of mine (see my rants about it right here on the blog!), I was happy to see they use Tertra-Pak and glass to serve up their sauces and memories.
So pull up a chair and create some of these delicious kabobs and share some memories with your family! It really couldn’t be easier with this combination of fresh foods from Zaycon Fresh and meal helping products from Chicken Soup for the Soul.
Sesame Ginger Kabobs
- 1 lbs Zaycon Fresh Chicken
- 1/2 Jar Chicken Soup for the Soul Sesame Ginger Meal Builder
- 1/2 lb Oyster Mushrooms
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Bunch of Scallions (Green Onions)
- 8-10 Skewer Sticks
- If you are using bamboo skewer sticks, make sure to soak them for 20-30 minutes before using. Preheat oven to 375 F if not grilling.
- Trim any fat away from Zaycon Fresh Chicken and cut into cubes. Place it into a bowl with 1/2 jar of Chicken Soup for the Soul Sesame Ginger Meal Builder to Marinate.
- Cut scallions into 1-1 1/2 inch pieces and set aside. Cut up bell pepper the same.
- Remove mushrooms from bunch and set aside.
- When you are ready to assemble, order everything in any way you want. Make some vegetable only or mostly chicken. However you like them!
- If you are baking in the oven, place on a non-stick sheet with parchment paper down. If grilling, stick directly on the grill.
- Halfway through, make sure to turn. These cook pretty fast, in about 10-15 minutes. They are done when chicken is no longer pink in the middle. If desired, you can broil them for 2-3 minutes.