My husband loves Carne Asada. Typically, it can take a while to make the traditional way, but with this simple Carne Asada recipe, you will be eating this delicious meal in minutes!
Carne Asada simply means “grilled beef“. Although we will not be grilling it for this recipe, it still has a very similar taste the traditional type. An interesting fact is that when speaking of a “Carne Asada”, it is often the same as what many Americans refer to as a Bar-B-Que. The dish is typically made in the northern and western parts of Mexico and is made for many social gatherings. It is often served with onions and cilantro.
To make my simple Carne Asada recipe, you will need:
* 1 1/2 lbs-2 lbs round steak
* A packet of taco seasoning
* 1 1/4 cups lemon juice
* 2 limes
* 1 can re-fried beans
* Toppings: cheese, sour cream, ranch, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, salsa, whatever you like!
1. Cut steak into thin strips. This is best done with ease with a very sharp chef’s knife.
2. Put steak in a skillet and pour in lemon juice. turn up to medium heat.
3. Sprinkle on taco seasoning and mix in.
4. Cut a lime up into wedges. Squeeze the juice of one lime into the mix. Simmer on medium until steak is done. Start heating up beans and cutting toppings.
5. When steak is ready, turn heat up to medium-high and bring to a boil. This will evaporate any leftover juice, concentrating the sauce and leaving a nice glaze. Make sure you watch it at this point closely as to not scorch.
6. Heat up corn tortillas on the stovetop or in the microwave. Add beans, steak and toppings. Fold over and enjoy.
The great thing about this Carne Asada recipe is it is fairly low fat because you do not use any oil in the cooking process.Try squeezing some lime juice on the top 😉