Derrick from A Worthey Read is sharing a delicious recipe for all you pumpkin fans out there! This delicious recipe for spice cake and pumpkin mousse recipe is topped with a roasted marshmallow so it really brings in all the wonderful flavors of the season into one delectable dish that is certainly sure to be a real treat.
Spice Cake with Pumpkin Mousse Recipe
- 1 box Vanilla Instant Pudding & Pie Mix
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Seasoning
- 2 cups Pumpkin Puree
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 2 cups crumbled Spice Cake
- 4 tbsp Salted Caramel Sauce
Prep. I used a box spice cake for this recipe. But feel free to make one from scratch if you have the time.
After the cake has been removed from the oven and is cool enough to safely handle. Cut 1/3 of piece of the cake and pulse it in a food processor until you have crumbled cake.
Coat the back side of a tablespoon salted caramel sauce and swirl the inside of the serving glass.
Fill the glass a 1/4 of the way with crumbled spice cake.
Spoon in 4-5 tablespoons of pumpkin mousse (see recipe below)
Top with puffed marshmallow topping.
Turn on the oven to the broil setting. Place desserts onto a cookie sheet and place them into the middle shelf in the oven.
Allow the marshmallow cream to brown.
Remove from the oven.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In the bowl of a stand mixture fitted with a whisk attachment, add one package of vanilla pudding/pie mix.
- Pour in one can of evaporated milk ,and on the lowest setting whisk together ingredients.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin of pie flavoring.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of pumpkin puree.
- Add 2 cups of Cool Whip.
- Continue to mix ingredients using medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Place the pumpkin mousse in the refrigerator.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.