Cauliflower is one of my very favorite low carb snacks. While you can make some really great low carb dishes with it, this one in particular is not really super low carb, but it is a bit of a healthier choice due to the fact that it is baked, not fried. They get so delicious this way because they are soft and warm in the middle and crispy on the outside. Pair these guys with some great dip and you have yourself a snack that’s to die for. I call them “wings” because they really do remind me of boneless chicken wings. Due to the fact that these contain no meat, they are vegetarian and you could easily convert them to vegan if you used soy milk and Vegenaise instead of mayonnaise. This recipe is also egg-free if you use Vegenaise as well.
Spicy Ranch Cauliflower Wings
- ½ Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Panko
- ¼ Cup Cornmeal
- 3 Tbsp Dry Ranch Dressing Mix (store bought or homemade)
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Chipolte Powder
- ½ tsp Cayenne pepper
- Pinch of White Pepper
- 3 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 1 head of Cauliflower
- Preheat oven top 450 Degrees F.
- Start by cutting the cauliflower into bite sized pieces. You don't want them so small that they are so tiny, but keep them about the size of a small chicken nuggets.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour and panko. Add in the ranch dip seasoning, chili powder, chipolte powder and white pepper.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and the milk with a whisk.
- Prepare a non-stick baking sheet with a small amount of olive oil to just coat it.
- Dip the pieces of cauliflower in the milk mixture and then toss in the dry mixture. Place on the cookie sheet. Place in the oven and cook for 15-17 minutes. Dip into your favorite dip. I like ranch.