Chai tea is one of my favorite indulgences. It’s aromatic taste is warm and inviting. However, in the summer, it is almost too hot for such a nice drink that I made this Chai Tea Smoothie to be able to enjoy my favorite drink all year long. It is made from my own Chai Tea Concentrate that is sugar free as well as some simple ingredients. It is sweetened with stevia extract. If you have never used stevia, it is a naturally derived sweetner that is very potent. A little pinch is all you need.
Because I wanted to keep this 100% homemade, I made my own whipped cream for it. I was lucky enough to be sent a SoftScrape 6 Speed Hand mixer from Hamilton Beach recently to try out and it seemed fitting to use it to make the cream for this recipe. The SoftScrape hand mixer was such a wonderful addition to my kitchen and I personally think it would make a great gift for Mother’s day or really anyone who has a passion to cook.
The Hamilton Beach SoftScrape 6 Speed Hand mixer is not like other hand mixers I have used in the past. It features a bowl rest that allows me to just place it in the bowl I am working with. I found this to be the best feature of it. It was really handy when I was making this whipped cream. The hand mixer has several attachments and fits in the base for easy storage. I was able to make the whipped cream in just a few minutes and it tasted better than any I had ever had.
Sugar Free Chai Tea Smoothies
The recipe for Chai Tea Concentrate can be found here.
- 1¼ Cup Chai Tea Concentrate (my recipe or your own)
- 1 Cup lightly whipped Cream
- ½ Cup Whipping Cream
- 2 Pinches of Pure Stevia Extract
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 8 Ice Cubes
- Cinnamon to garnish
- Add the Chai Tea Concentrate, Ice Cubes and 1 Pinch of Stevia to a high powered blender and crush.
- In a separate bowl, take 1 Cup of cream and lightly whip it with your Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer until thickened. Add this to the blender and continue to blend.
- Drop in the vanilla extract and blend.
- In a bowl, whip together 1 pinch of stevia extract and ½ Cup whipping cream to form stiff peaks.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass, top with whipped cream and garnish with a sprinkling of cinnamon.