Today, Ashley is sharing tips for staying healthy this fall.
Fall hasn’t even peaked it’s full head around the corner yet, and I am already feeling the sniffles coming on. The change is seasons always brings on the cases of the sniffles, the sneezes, and the coughs, but who has time for that? I certainly don’t! Check out these tips to staying healthy, naturally this fall, so you have more time to breathe!
Get those Zzzzs
If you are one that can live on just a few hours of sleep a night, bump that up a little more. When you are sleep deprived, it wreaks havoc on your immune system. Your body is too tired to fight off viruses and bacteria that are floating around. So, make sure you are getting 7-8 hours of sleep every single night.
Take a Walk through the Woods
Did you know that getting sick isn’t actually caused from the cold? Actually it is having people cooped up inside with a bunch of germs and nowhere for them to go. Research has proven that taking a walk in the woods is especially good for your immune system. It decreases stress, blood pressure, and resting heart rate, and it increases white blood cells, which help fight off infection. Do yourself a favor this fall and take a walk in the woods.
Take Natural Supplements to Stay Healthy This Fall
If you want to substantially decrease your down time this fall, supplements are a great way to keep your immune system up. Here are some great supplements to take to help boost your immune system:
- Echinacea: Echinacea increases production of white blood cells. White blood cells fight infection, so if you feel yourself getting sick, echinacea is a great option.
- Vitamin D: Studies show that most of the population is deficient in vitamin D. If you aren’t getting 30-minutes of fun in the sun, consider taking a Vitamin D supplement. Take daily.
- Elderberry: Elderberry is naturally strengthens your immune system with its in-vitro antiviral and antimicrobial properties. Plus, it’s fruit and its good for you. Take at the start of a cold.
- Vitamin C: We all know vitamin C plays an important part in our immune system. So, get a bottle and stay healthy this fall. Take daily for maximum effects.
- CBD Oil: CBD is a natural cannabinoid that are body already produces. It helps combat a range of ailments including stress, anxiety, and inflammation, and it boosts the immune system. Take it daily for maximum effects.
Decrease Your Sugar Intake
Sugar is found in just about everything from bread to cookies and candies. Just remember too much of something good can be bad. Sugar in large quantities depresses your immune system making it easier for you to catch all the nasty stuff going around. Stick to healthier sugars like fruits.
Get Away from Toxins
Toxins such as those found in common household cleaners are incredibly horrible for your immune system. Get your green on with green cleaners, shampoos, and household products. The more green you can go, the better your chances of beating this year’s cold season!
How do you stay healthy when the weather changes? Share some tips to staying healthy, naturally this fall in the comments below!