One of my favorite types of cookie is a soft and chewy one. I am not the type who likes to dunk my cookies in milk, so I don’t need a crunchy texture to hold up. Although I don’t have a huge sweet tooth, I like to occasionally have a treat.
These Jello Cookies are perfect for a diabetic like myself, as they contain no sugar and are sweet just the same. Make these cookies for a Valentine’s party, a sweetheart or any other event. What is also great about them, is, you can make them to fit any holiday. The ones featured are red, for Valentine’s day, of course, but you could do green Jello for the upcoming St. Patrick’s day or Orange even, for Halloween. Save this recipe for any of your holiday get-togethers.
Sugar Free Diabetic Friendly Jello Cookies
To make, you will need:
- 1 3/4 Cups Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 6 Oz Package of Sugar Free Jello (Any flavor)
- 3/4 cup Butter, Softened to room temperature but not melted
- 1/2 Cup splenda
- 1 Medium Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
To make Sugar Free Jello Cookies:
1. Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F.
2. In a Medium sized bowl, Cream the butter and Splenda together until it is light and fluffy.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking soda.
4. Add the egg and Vanilla Extract. Mix with the butter and Splenda.
5. Slowly and gradually, incorporate the dry ingredients, including the Jello.
6. Remove from the bowl and wrap in plastic. Place in the fridge and chill at least 30 minutes.
7. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough until it is about 1/4 – 1/2 inch thick, depending on personal preference. Cut out shapes with cookie cutter. Do this until dough is gone.
8. Bake cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet for 5-7 minutes. Since these do not take long to cook, make sure you keep an eye on them and not allow them to over-cook.
9. Allow to cool completely. You can frost them if you desire, but they taste just as great left unfrosted.