The Superbowl is almost here and you are probably on a hunt for low carb game day recipes. While most tailgating snacks tend to be savory or salty, this Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cheesecake Dip is not. It is low carb, but sweet (no too much) just the same, so it’s a welcome change in tastes.. This is a perfect dip for diabetics because it is full of protein as well so if you pair it with fruit, you will get a perfect carb balancing protein.
For peanut butter loving football fans, this is perfect. It is very simple to make, so you can whip some more up in no time if it’s gone by half-time! It uses PB2, a peanut butter powder that has natural sugar in it and hardly any fat. You could also substitute a sugar free natural peanut butter in this recipe, if desired with the same amounts listed.
Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cheesecake Dip
You will need:
- 1 8oz Package Fat Free Cream Cheese (softened)
- ¼ Cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons PB2 (prepared)
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Splenda or Stevia to taste if desired
1. Start by making your PB2 so you have it handy. If you are going with natural peanut butter instead, skip this step.
2. Fold together cream cheese and yogurt until well mixed and smooth.
3. Add your peanut butter or PB2, vanilla and sweetener of choice, if desired.
4. Serve with banana slices, apple slices or any other fruit (or veggie!) you desire.
In case you were wondering where you can find PB2, you can buy it at many national chains. I have seen it at Walmart, even. There are 2 flavors: the original peanut butter one and a chocolate one. I think the chocolate one would be amazing to make a spread like this for toast or dipping as well!